Get the Real Details on Diabetes
- Topic Info:Diabetes is the seventh leading cause of death in the United States, and it is estimated that 79 million Americans have diabetes.
After hearing the diagnosis of diabetes or pre-diabetes, you may have several questions:
- Do I need to take my blood sugar or is my A1C the best number to look at?
- What should I be eating?
- What should I be avoiding?
- How does activity impact blood sugar?
- How do I get back on track?
- How does my weight impact my risk and my blood sugar levels?
- Who can help me with meal planning and a plan to prevent the progression of diabetes?
- Organization:Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Host: Melanie Cole, MS