Everyone needs a good night's sleep to function at work and play. Your body needs plenty of sleep for recovery.
How can you improve sleep without medication?
Here are some tips:
- Set a sleep schedule and stick to it. Keep your bedtime and waking time the same, seven days a week.
- Work out for at least 30 minutes most days of the week. Do your workout in the morning or early afternoon.
- Expose yourself to natural light during the day.
- Create a bedtime ritual.
- Don't let technology distract you. Turn your alarm clock around so you can't see the time. Turn off your cell phone. Turn off the television before bed.
- Don't eat close to bedtime.
- Don't consume caffeine after noon.
- Don't consume too much alcohol before bed.
- Make sure your bedroom is comforting, your pillow comfortable, your bedding clean.
Listen in as Dr. Martha Cortes discusses how you can improve your sleep without medication.