Spring fitness also can bring injuries. The five most common springtime injuries are:
- Tendonitis, which frequently comes from power walking.
- Rotator cuff, which often comes from tennis.
- Lower back pain can come from playing golf.
- Tennis elbow, stemming from tennis and softball/baseball.
- Plantar fasciitis (foot pain) can result from running.
To prevent injuries, be sure to warm up your body. Work with someone who knows the bio-mechanics of the body to give you the best advice for taking care of yourself. Take your time. You're not going to lose ten pounds overnight, so start slow with your fitness.
Listen in as Dr. John Gallucci shares how you can prevent and care for these common injuries.