Here you'll find the answers to a wealth of health and wellness questions posed by Healthy Talk fans.
Listen in because what you know helps ensure healthy choices you can live with. Today on Healthy Talk, you wanted to know:
Is mold really linked to cancer?
More oncologists and research doctors have been looking at the possibility that infectious agents in certain settings can initiate cancer over the past few years. Molds can create toxins. The toxin that gets into the cell damages the DNA. All cancer is defined as mutations in the DNA, regardless of the ultimate cause of that cancer. The process of cell replication is regulated by your DNA. If there’s damage to the DNA, it can lead to the cell mutation that ends in cancer.
The theory is that microbes in mold can produce the toxins that enter the cells. There is good evidence that these toxins can enter the cells and potentially lead to cancer. Science leads us to these conclusions based on testing and results. Alzheimer patients have a lot of spirochetes in their brains, which was recently found in research. Mycotoxins (toxins from mold) could lead to cancer, but it needs to be researched further. The theory that mold can create toxins that cause problems holds weight but needs further study.
Can sugar lead to cancer?
When a cell becomes cancerous, it starts to grow uncontrollably. The cancerous cells then are thrown into your circulation. They tend to use sugar and sugar only to grow. Glycolysis is the process where an unhealthy cell uses sugar for short energy bursts. This is the beginning of normal cell energy production, but cancer cells want the energy quickly. If you starve the cancer cell of sugar, you may make them more susceptible to cancer treatments.
Eliminating sugar may not prevent cancer. So many things can initiate cancer. Genetics can as well. One lifestyle change, like eliminating sugar, may not prevent cancer since cancer has many factors. However, doing so improves your overall health and wellness.
How long will the virus in my chest last? It's been almost two weeks and I still feel really bad.
Viruses can last a long time because of your body’s response to the virus. It's not uncommon for it to hang out in the respiratory system for two to four weeks; longer if you're older or have chronic issues.
or call in, toll-free, to the LIVE radio show (1.844.305.7800) so he can provide you with support and helpful advice.