Here are some quick tips for common dental emergencies.
- Loose braces bracket: Apply dental wax to the edge. Make an appointment with your orthodontist to repair during office hours.
- Braces wire irritation: Apply dental wax or cotton swabs to make the area comfortable until your orthodontist or dentist can examine.
- Broken tooth with root: Clean it off and have it placed back in the socket within 45 minutes. Preserve the tooth in milk or saliva. Get to a dentist or the emergency room immediately.
- Pain, blood or swelling: These indicate a true dental emergency. Call your dentist right away.
- Loose crown: Call your dentist to arrange re-cementing.
- Broken filling: Call your dentist to arrange replacement.
Listen as Dr. Karson Kupiec joins Melanie Cole, MS, to advise on how to handle dental emergencies.