In this week's segment, Dr. Darria discusses the following:
- Kids eat more sugar, watch more TV and eat fewer vegetables during summer vacation than when they're in school.
- Music instruction can help students do better in school by improving their hearing and language skills.
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) may help ease pain and inflammation of arthritis sufferers.
- Strong relationship between sleep problems (such as insomnia) and self-harm in adolescents.
- Drinking coffee on a consistent daily basis reduces the risk of reducing MCI (Mild Cognitive Impairment).
- Women who exercise as adolescents have a reduced risk of cancer and other diseases in their middle ages.