In this week's segment, Dr. Darria discusses the following topics:
- Movement & Your Waistline: The more time spent spent standing (rather than sitting) can improve your blood sugar, fats in the blood and cholesterol levels, as well as waistline and BMI.
- Toddler Development: Parents who joke around and "pretend" with their kids are teaching them life skills early on.
- Picky Eating: Young kids who are picky eaters may be at a higher risk for anxiety, depression and ADHD.
- Family Sickness: Even if no one in the family is showing symptoms, there may still be a virus circulating up to 87 percent of the time. The number of weeks a family suffers sickness rises with the number of children in the family unit.
- Reading to Kids: Brain scans showed that kids who are read to frequently have more brain activity when listening to those stories.
- Spice It Up: Spicy foods may be associated with a longer lifespan.