It’s the reason why Dr. David Friedman wrote his #1 National Bestselling book, Food Sanity: How to Eat in a World of Fads and Fiction. For 18 years as a syndicated television health expert and radio host, he’s interviewed hundreds of scientists, doctors and best selling authors hoping to share information to help his audience reach their optimal health. Unfortunately, each guest would contradict the previous expert, creating more confusion than clarity.
While most health experts seem to disagree, there is one thing they all agree on, food has the power to heal the body or make it sick. The key is figuring out what should be at the end of our fork.
In this episode, Dr. Friedman shares a common science meets common sense approach that puts an end to many of today’s food myths including:
- You don’t need to drink cow’s milk for strong bones. In fact, research shows it causes brittle bones!
- Beef doesn’t give us the protein humans require.
- Fish do not contain toxic levels of mercury and can be eaten every day!
- Eggs don’t cause high cholesterol, in fact, they lower it!
- Cavemen were mostly vegetarians and forensic evidence proves it!
- Grains (with gluten) reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, lowers blood sugar and aids in weight loss!
- Counting calories makes you gain weight.
- Salt (the right kind) isn’t bad for you. In fact, it reduces heart disease, lowers blood pressure and aids in weight loss.
- Some vitamin supplements are made from toxic ingredients also used to make gasoline, nail polish remover, laundry detergent and ammonia.
Buy the Book on Amazon
Food Sanity: How to Eat in a World of Fads and Fiction