What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- Why he switched to a 100% plant based diet.
- Tips on how to transition to a vegan diet.
- How you get chronic inflammation.
- What he eats on a daily basis.
- His involvement with Team Humane League.
High Five Highlights:
- David, people think it’s unmanly to eat a vegan diet. What do you say about that? I feel the title “manly” is an anxiety disorder. People need to re-evaluate what “manliness” is. The manly thing to do is to protect your family. That includes a knowledge of food, so you’re not feeding your child three hot dogs, which is the equivalent of giving your child a pack of cigarettes to smoke. If you ask me, that’s not manly; the lack of knowledge is not manly.
- Were you able to convert any of your teammates to a vegan diet? Yes, a couple of teammates and other athletes.
- If you could go to dinner with anyone in the world, deceased or alive, who would it be and why? Marcus Garvey.
- Do you have a favorite book or quote you can share? “The cave you fail to enter holds the treasure you seek.”
- "Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life the most important thing I’ve learned is...” Meet people where they are.
Share the Show!If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Sponsor:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/