What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- How you can solve for happiness.
- The underlying reasons for unhappiness and what expectations have to do with them.
- The steps to achieving lifelong happiness.
- The six grand illusions.
- Why achieving happiness is like trying to get fit.
- What the present moment has to do with happiness.
- More from his book Solve for Happy: Engineer Your Path to Joy.
High Five Highlights:
- What is the one immediate thing you want us to do or change in our life to become sustainably happy the moment this interview is over? Stop listening to your brain. It is just a biological function; you don’t have to obey.
- Tell me about something that makes you happy today? I feel happy when I see other people happy.
- For someone who is skeptical of your formula, what would you say to that person? Knowledge is an illusion. Be open to a new perspective.
- Do you have a favorite quote or book you can share? “The gravity of the battle means nothing to those at peace.”
- Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life the most important thing I’ve learned is...” Your purpose comes to you. You don’t search for your purpose.
Share the Show!If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Sponsor:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/