Link Between Stress & Infertility
- Topic Info:Infertility can be a huge cause of stress in a couple's life.
Approximately 30% of IVF patients suffer from anxiety and depression, oftentimes severe.
However, new research is suggesting that something as simple as yoga may improve the success rates of IVF (and overall pregnancy), as well as help reduce the strong emotional response to the overall issue of infertility.
One study, conducted by Dr. Jenny Hirshfeld-Cytron of Fertility Centers of Illinois and Beth Heller of Pulling Down the Moon, was recently presented to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine and shows great promise.
Dr. Hirshfeld-Cytron and Heller joins Dr. Susanne to share more about the effectiveness of yoga when dealing with infertility struggles. Heller also shares her very personal, very difficult journey with infertility and IVF.
- Organization:Fertility Centers of Illinois
- Book Title: Fully Fertile, The Infertility Cleanse
- Guest Website:Pulling Down the Moon
- Host: Susanne Bennett, DC