4 Ways to Prevent & Overcome Blood Sugar Issues & Type-2 Diabetes
- Topic Info:Your blood sugar levels can impact your energy, mental clarity, physical performance, mood, and ability to lose weight.
Those levels can be skewed by the foods you eat, particularly carbohydrates. So, if you're going to eat carbs, you need to choose the right ones.
According to Dr. Jason Jones, founder of Optimum Wellness Chiropractic, the goal is to slow down how quickly those carbs get into your blood stream.
Dr. Jones suggests the following tactics:
- Eat protein, healthy fats and fiber at ever meal/snack. Eat the protein portion first, before you eat anything else. Doing so slows digestion.
- Avoid anything that is labeled as a "diet" food or "sugar free" food. Artificial sweeteners can slow your metabolism down up to 30 percent. Also avoid anything made with processed flours or that is high in sugar.
- Exercise! After lunch or dinner, try to go for a causal walk (15-20 minutes of slow walking). For your regular fitness, incorporate resistance exercise with high intensity. This forces your body to burn through the sugars that are currently in your system.
- Detoxify. Toxins in your environment interfere with the way your hormones work, which can also contribute to blood sugar imbalances.
Dr. Jones says that if you can keep your blood sugar as level as you can, as long as you can, it helps turn your body into a "fat burning furnace."
Listen in as Dr. Jones joins Dr. Susanne to share more about how you can keep your blood sugar levels on an even keel.
- Guest Website:Optimum Wellness Chiropractic
- Host: Susanne Bennett, DC