Collagen: Providing Whole-Body Health Benefits
- Topic Info:While you may recognize collagen for having beauty benefits, it is actually wonderful for whole-body wellness.
There are three different types of collagen: Type 1, Type 2 and Type 3.
Types 1 & 3 Collagen: skin, hair, nail, eye, cardiovascular, bone and digestive health.
Type 2 Collagen: joint health and cartilage issues.
Your body's own collagen production slows down as you age, so it's important to supplement from outside sources. This will help rebuild your tissues from the inside.
Specific benefits of collagen include:
- Improves the structure and hydration of skin.
- Eases chapped lips.
- Addresses dry eyes better than topical eye drops.
- Prevents bone and joint problems.
- Boosts your cardiovascular system.
- Promotes healthy digestion.
Listen in as Tim Mount, National Educator for NeoCell, joins hosts Andrea and Lisa to explain why collagen is so important for overall health, as well as specific results you can achieve by upping your collagen intake.
- Guest Website:NeoCell
- Host: Andrea Donsky, RHN and Lisa Davis, MPH