- Topic Info:You may call your friend who posts photos for validation on social media a narcissist. In actuality, narcissism is a mental disorder in which a person’s emotional maturity hasn’t developed beyond preschool age. It is also a genetic mutation that can be spotted in the brain images for individuals who have suffered childhood abuse.
Intuitive healer and empath Morgan McKean gained firsthand experience with narcissistic behavior in childhood. Empaths are often born of narcissistic parents.
Narcissism runs on a spectrum. Sociopathic narcissists are portrayed as bad guys in movies. Celebrities who are out of touch are mid-level narcissists. Mild narcissism can be spotted in Instagram models. Everyone with self-esteem has a healthy level of narcissism.
Signs of narcissism
- Noticing they have lack of empathy or remorse
- Love bombing and trying to move the relationship along too quickly
- Mirroring your likes and dislikes instantly
- Treating people like new toys, devaluing you when they’re no longer interested
- Making you feel like you have to earn the accolades they gave early in the relationship
Listen as Morgan joins Andrea Donsky and Lisa Davis to share how narcissistic abuse occurs and how to live through it.
- Book Title: Becoming Princess Charming: Creating the Magical Mindset for Your Happily Ever After
- Guest Website:Morgan McKean
- Host: Andrea Donsky, RHN and Lisa Davis, MPH