Expanding the Conversation About Perimenopause and Menopause
- Topic Info:Perimenopause and menopause are inevitable in a woman's life.
Unfortunately, dialogue is often lacking around this life-changing time. Women may not know what to expect -- or feel like they're on a roller-coaster of symptoms they simply cannot get under control.
Naturally Savvy hosts Andrea and Lisa want to expand that dialogue.
In this episode they come together to discuss their own experiences, how they addressed their symptoms, and why this time in a women's life needs more understanding. Listen in to join in this very important conversation.
Perimenopause can begin as early as one's 30s but typically occurs in the mid- to late 40s.
Symptoms may include:
- Hot flashes
- Breast tenderness
- Worse premenstrual syndrome
- Lower sex drive
- Irregular periods
- Vaginal dryness; discomfort during sex
- Urine leakage when coughing or sneezing
- Urinary urgency
- Mood swings
- Trouble sleeping
- Host: Andrea Donsky, RHN and Lisa Davis, MPH