- 2 sweet red peppers, roasted
- 1 jalapeño pepper, roasted
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted
- 1 half sweet onion, roasted
- 2 medium carrots, roasted
- ~ 3 pounds roasted tomatoes, roughly chopped and seeded (reserve the juice)
- ¼ cup watermelon puree
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1 head roasted garlic
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp. adobo sauce
- ¼ cup basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Dab crème fraiche, lime wedge and good olive oil for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly drizzle the carrots, garlic, onion and tomatoes with olive oil and roast until the carrots are tender and tomatoes start to split; about twenty minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
Place the peppers under the broiler and char. Remove and place in a sealed plastic bag for several minutes. Remove the charred skin and remove the seeds; roughly chop the peppers. Combine all the ingredients including reserved tomato juice, in a food processor, working in batches if necessary. Chill the soup for several hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld together. To serve, ladle into a bowl, drizzle a little good quality olive oil, top with a dab of crème fraiche and garnish. Finish with a wedge of lime.