It’s time to get the most out of your gym access.
This is your opportunity to try something new. Equipment will be limited in comparison to a large gym.
Here are some tips to get the most out of your on-site gym.
- Safety first. Most apartment gyms are remote. If you head to the community center at night, bring a buddy. You’ll feel safer going with a friend or familiar neighbor.
- Hire a personal trainer if you’re new to the community and don’t know what to do. They’re insured and credentialed and will come to you. Apartment gyms aren’t crowded and have a small variety of equipment; both make trainers happy.
- It’s convenient so you might take it for granted. Remember that you’re paying for it. Take advantage of the pool and gym.
- Assess the available equipment and see what there is. Try out the things you haven’t used after learning how to use them.
- Using your complex gym is a great opportunity to get to know your neighbors. It’s great for handling depression and improving socialization.
- Squats in front of a mirror with a medicine ball or dumbbell
- Crunches with large, fully-inflated therapy balls
- Shrugs, lateral and frontal raises with dumbbells