- 4 Artichokes
- 1 large lemon sliced in rounds
- 4-6 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 4 TB extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
1. Snip thorny tips off each artichoke leaf. Wash artichokes–make sure to shake out excess water so they don’t get soggy when steamed.
2. Stuff lemon slices, garlic, parsley into artichokes. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
3. Place in a vegetable steamer, covered, over boiling water. Steam for 35 to 45 minutes, depending on size.
4. The artichokes are ready when one of outer leaves can easily be removed. Pull out with tongs when done and let cool for about 10 minutes.
5. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over each artichoke & serve.
Note: You may opt to do these ahead of time, in which case, let cool, then refrigerate until ready to serve.