However, before you go jumping on the "teatox" bandwagon, you should consider these five facts.
- You still have to exercise.
- You are probably losing water weight, not fat.
- You may experience unwanted (and unpleasant) side effects like cramps, bloating, gas, diarrhea, and nausea.
- Some teas may affect your sleep pattern.
- The research on teas is limited and inconclusive.
Listen in as Cynthia Sass, RD, MPH, joins Melanie Cole, MS, to discuss this latest weight loss trend and the five facts to consider before doing a tea detox.