However, depriving yourself of certain food groups or severely restricting your caloric intake is just dangerous and will eventually backfire.
Another thing you need to consider is there's no "one size fits all" when it comes to a healthy diet.
What your friend or partner eats may help them lose weight and stay healthy; unfortunately it doesn't mean it will work for you.
That being said, instead of putting your body through the wringer, you might want to try these eight tips to benefit your body:
- Eat garlic
- Be good to your lymphatic system
- Be easy on the soy
- Make your own food as much as possible
- Incorporate lemon into a meal/water every day
- Buy organic if and when you can
- Use a water filter
- Go green in your kitchen and bathroom
Listen in as Morgan Mellas, Personal Chef and Nutritionist, shares the eight tricks to listen to your body when you're eating.