Schedules can even be so intimidating, moms don't have any idea where to start when it comes to taking care of themselves, including weight loss or weight management.
Lisa Moskovitz, RD, CDN, knows how the demands of motherhood can be especially challenging, as a mother of twins under one year old. She has learned personally, as well as via her practice New York Nutrition Group, some simple tips to keep moms on track:
- Meal planning and prepping is key.
- Track what you're eating in a smartphone app.
- Get in exercise wherever and whenever you can.
- Make rules that you can only eat when you're sitting down at the table.
- Eat every 3-4 hours throughout the day.
- Search for easy meal ideas and snacks.