But, it's important to know the number you see does not define your health and happiness, but rather the activities you do day in and day out.
Instead of focusing on the negative part of your day, like the late-afternoon doughnut you ate in your office (you treated yourself... who cares?!), focus on the positive changes you made in the day.
For example, you were able to run around with your kids, carry your own bags of groceries, and walk up and down the stairs.
It's also always important to practice gratitude in order to stay happy and healthy.
For instance, you woke up this morning. It may seem silly, but not everyone is as lucky as you. Today is a new day, and your attitude plays a major role in your happiness. There are plenty of ways your health and happiness isn't correlated with what the numbers read on the scale.
What are these eight ways that prove you're happy and healthy and that it has nothing to do with your weight?
- You eat more of healthy, whole foods than you do junk processed foods.
- You listen to your body and stop eating when you're full.
- When you DO decide to treat yourself with a cheat meal or dessert, you don't beat yourself up about it.
- You exercise frequently.
- You are getting enough sleep.
- You maintain a balance of work, family and social life.
- You know how to manage your everyday life and don't have a mental breakdown when life throws challenges your way.
- You continuously have a positive attitude, even when things around you aren't so great.