You’re out of the environment that contains your regular stressors: work, kids, bills, etc. Why not take the opportunity to score big romantically?
You can turn any hotel room into a love nest. Try these tips from sociology professor and sexuality researcher, Dr. Janet Lever:
- Book early and mention you’re going on a romantic getaway.
- Get a room with a tub or shower made for sharing. Bring special bath products if the place you’re staying won’t have any available.
- Get a room with a refrigerator to chill your own alcohol and finger foods.
- Expect to spend money to get a romantic room.
- Bring candles and candle holders to get the same lighting as a fireplace. Just remember to blow them out before you leave the room.
- Bring your own music to set the mood.