What are some tips for losing weight after pregnancy in a healthy way?
Be patient with yourself. It's going to take time. Your body has been through a lot and you need to regroup.
- No extreme diets. Try not to dip below 1800 calories per day, especially if you're breastfeeding. Breastfeeding burns 400 to 600 calories per day. Load up on superfoods.
- Breastfeeding does help. Women who breastfeed drop weight faster than women who don't.
- Drink plenty of water. Stay hydrated and reduce your appetite.
- Get physically active. Shoot for 150 minutes of physical activity per week.
- Get plenty of sleep so your appetite hormones don't get out of whack.
What are the health benefits of breastfeeding?
You drop weight faster when you breastfeed. It's better for your baby as breast milk contains essential antibodies and lowers risk of asthma and allergies. Breastfeeding has been linked to higher IQ scores later in childhood. It is also great for bonding. Breastfed infants tend to gain the right amount of weight as they grow.
I was diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease. What can you tell me about this disease?Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is an infection of the female organs. PID can cause infertility, so you need to take it seriously. The cervix prevents bacteria from spreading up into the reproductive system. If the cervix is exposed to a sexually transmitted disease, it becomes infected and can't do its job. You can have chills, high fever, nausea, vomiting, vaginal discharge, and pain downstairs. If you have these symptoms, get to the doctor right away.