Mindful aging means making the most of the time you have left to live. Realistic positivity helps you react well to life’s ups and downs.
7 Points for Feeling Your Feelings So You Can Fully Engage with Life
- Be mindful. Feel and process emotions in the present in a judgment-free way.
- Call to mind an issue that’s been upsetting you. Review it with as much detail as you can and experience it with all your senses. Breathe deeply for a moment.
- Assess any sensations you uncovered and observe the details of them. Note any physical feelings.
- Associate an emotion with any sensations. Tingling in your chest may be anxiety or excitement.
- Fully accept everything you feel without judgment.
- Experience the feelings. Emotions signal us to take action.
- Take the action dictated by emotion. Get the wisdom from the experience. Share it with others or journal privately. Eliminate the feelings that don’t serve you anymore.
Joy makes life more pleasurable. Stop holding on to things that aren’t helping you so you can enjoy your years.
Listen as Dr. Andrea Brandt joins Dr. Pamela Peeke to get the most out of the time you have.
Smarty Pants Vitamins