10 Simple Tips
- Eat protein and fiber at every meal. Lean meats, fruits and vegetables are the simplest way to arrange your plate.
- Check your starches. Have two per day maximum if you are trying to lose weight.
- Clock your meals. Give yourself an eating schedule. Eat something every four hours.
- Eat some fats. Sauté your vegetables and eat the skin on your chicken. Skip the fat-free salad dressing. Enjoy butter and olive oil.
- Watch the sugar. It’s addictive. Don’t bombard your taste buds with sugar substitutes.
- Indulge intelligently. Decide to eat your vice food once a week with no regrets.
- Supplements are important. Today’s foods require a nutritional boost.
- Get some sleep. Your body needs sleep to be healthy and lose weight.
- Drink plenty of water. It helps balance and energize your body.
- Move your body. Increase intervals and intensity.
Registered dietitian Brooke Alpert joins Dr. Holly Lucille to guide your weight loss journey with practical and doable steps.