Whether you've fallen off the wagon or are starting to exercise for the first time, what is the best way to reach your fitness goals?
Bedros Keuilian is the founder and CEO of the world's fastest growing indoor fitness boot camp franchise: Fit Body Boot Camp. He joins Andrea and Lisa to share his best advice for getting your best body, this year and beyond.
First, Keuilian advises 30 minutes of high intensity interval training (HIIT), 3-4 days a week. This type of workout will burn up to 600 calories as well as create the after-burn effect for up to 32 hours post-workout. The key is to make sure you surpass the "fat burning" zone at points in your workout.
Second, it's important to set short-term goals (30 days) as well as long-term goals (3-6 months). At Fit Body Boot Camp, the theme is "accountability and community," which sets the environment for success. You look forward to going, because you're with other people who are striving for their own goals.
Third, the fastest path from A-Z in terms of weight loss/fat loss is HIIT and a proper diet. But, you will still get results if you aren't doing the high intensity training. And, you'll realize all the other benefits of fitness, such as stress reduction, better sleep, and more energy.
Finally, Keuilian shares some tips for staying on track of your fitness goals:
- Plan out your workouts ahead of time to make sure you leave yourself enough time to get in a good workout.
- Don’t overdo the dieting; make sure you allow yourself a planned “cheat day” to reward yourself for your hard work.
- Don’t get discouraged if you miss a workout or two, just make sure to jump right back into your routine.
- Although you may eat more throughout certain times of the year, try to stay on a consistent eating schedule to keep your metabolism up and running.
- it’s okay to have dessert, just remember portion size and try not to overindulge in anything.
- If you can't get to the gym, be sure to get as much of a workout in as possible at home, even if it’s only a couple sets.