Thinking of changing up your diet? Here are a few foods that you might think you need to give up, but don't!
- Dark Chocolate. Should be at least 70% dark. Aim for organic and fair trade.
- Eggs. Try to get pasture-raised, organic. Keep the yolk soft (sunny-side up). Cook in an oil with a high smoke point (avocado, tigernut).
- Healthy Fats. Get via foods such as avocado, as well as healthy oils. Helps to address inflammation.
- Potatoes. Contrary to popular belief, potatoes have a lot of powerful nutrients. Just don't load them with sour cream or melted cheese! Sweet potatoes are also incredibly healthy.
- Salt. Use Himalayan salt (pink, grey), which has a massive amount of minerals. Try to stay away from the typical table salt.
Listen in as Naturally Savvy
hosts Andrea and Lisa chat about the benefits of these five foods. Andrea also discusses some of the new trends that popped up in the most recent Natural Products Expo West.