In this week's segment, Dr. Darria discusses the following:
- Global diabetes rate continues to rise.
- People who consistently eat cereal fiber live longer.
- Women who exercise during pregnancy are less likely to develop gestational diabetes.
- Adults should sleep seven or more hours per night on a regular basis to promote optimal health.
- High levels of stress can increase risk of dying by 43 percent, particularly in individuals who believe stress is negatively impacting their health (as opposed to those who feel unaffected).
- The importance of breast cancer screening in reducing the risk of cancer death.
- Recent study of toothbrushes in communal bathrooms showed 60 percent contained bacteria that would otherwise be seen in the toilet.