For example, Paleo is low-carb by default, replacing those carbs with plenty of colorful, fresh vegetables.
Experts in Paleo recipes, Charles and Julie Mayfield, have a new book, Weeknight Paleo: 100+ Easy and Delicious Family-Friendly Meals. The book is packed with easy, delicious, quick, family-friendly Paleo recipes for dinner, featuring plenty of lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats.
For those new to Paleo or in need of a refresher, the Mayfields list the equipment, appliances, and pantry staples you’ll need to set up a Paleo kitchen, and provide prep tips, meal plans, and shopping lists to organize weekly meals.
Here are just a few examples of the delicious fare highlighted in the book:
- Quickfire Meals: Dishes that can be prepped, cooked, and served in under 30 minutes, such as Chicken Salad Four Ways, Summer Roll in a Bowl, and Trout in Parchment with Tomatoes and Basil Sauce.
- One-Dish Meals: Less prep and less cleanup with these simple recipes for Oven-Roasted Steaks with Broccoli and Cauliflower, One-Pan Fajitas, and Turkey Cutlets with Stuffing.
- Family Favorites: Top picks from the Mayfield’s own household, such as Chicken Nuggests Redux, Shrimp and Grits, and Wonton-ish Soup.
- Fix It and Forget It!: Meals that can be made in your slow cooker, Instant Pot or Dutch oven like Pork Tinga, Chicken Verde, and Slow Cooker Short Ribs.
- Get Your Veggies: Carrot Salad, Lime Chipotle Slaw, and other basic salads as well as Mashed Sweet Potatoes with creative variations.
- Sweets and Treats: Recipes to satisfy a celebratory sweet tooth like Lemon Curd Bites, Apple Crisps with Whipped Coconut Cream, and Flourless Chocolate Mini Cakes.
Buy on Amazon
Weeknight Paleo: 100+ Easy and Delicious Family-Friendly Meals