Instead of investing in supermarket brands, why not make your own?
It may sound labor-intensive, but there are actually very simple recipes with incredibly basic ingredients. Plus, you know exactly what you're eating.
In Power Hungry: The Ultimate Energy Bar Cookbook, Camilla V. Saulsbury features do-it-yourself power bar recipes that maximize taste and nutrition, minimize cost, and eliminate junky additives.
Jam-packed with the best good-for-you ingredients and all-natural, high-quality proteins, the book's recipes cover protein bars, endurance training bars and gels, granola bars, raw bars, and more. Whether you're training for a triathlon, packing a lunchbox, or just need an afternoon pick-me-up, you'll find recipes you'll love, and nutritional info to boot.
The recipes are also 100% soy-free and completely adaptable to gluten-free and vegan diets.
Fill Your Power Hungry Pantry:
- Dried fruits and dates: great for sweetening/flavor
- Natural sugars: honey, maple syrup
- Whole grains: rolled oats, quinoa, amaranth, millet
- Protein powders: great way to boost the protein; use whey-based, plant-based, egg-based, etc.
- Beans, lentils and legumes
- Chocolate chips
Buy on Amazon
Power Hungry: The Ultimate Energy Bar Cookbook