But, if you're not an avid fitness expert, it may be hard to come up with the best way to go about tackling your new summer health kick.
Dr. John Higgins, sports cardiologist for The University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston and one of Train Your Body's favorite experts, shares his best summer recipe with tips to get you in the shape of your life.
- S ...Show: have a talent show, water fight, tag football
- U ...Up the fun: hiking, fly a kite, canoe, pool polo
- M ...Minimize sweets, sodas and heavy alcohol
- M ...Make someone smile! Volunteer and help someone out
- E ...Eat healthy: lean meats, fish, vegetables and fruits
- R ...Rest & Recharge: slow down, laugh and nap