There are plenty out there that think they know it all... including offering nutrition advice and rehab information.
How do you know if your instructor is not up to par? What should you do if she is not what you were expecting?
Grace Desimone is the consummate expert on these issues as she is the Group Fitness Director for Plus One Health Management and the Editor of ACSM's Resources for the Group Fitness Instructor.
Listen in as she gives you seven reasons your group exercise instructor isn't all that.
Here are some of her best tips to think about.
- Not certified
- Routine rarely changes
- Doesn't offer modifications
- Focuses on his/her own workout
- Can't hear instructions over music
- Ignores (or looks down upon) newbies
- Never discusses proper form