What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- The psychology behind Dr. Who and the humanity and personality of the character and how that relates to us.
- Stability vs. change, and how our personality changes over time but our core traits remain the same. How you change certain things in your life.
- The science behind compassion and how showing compassion benefits both people.
- Why we’re afraid of being turned into something else, and how we can hang on to our sense of meaning, direction and purpose.
High Five Highlights:
- Question he gets asked the most: Why Batman? (Answer: Because he’s the only super hero without super powers).
- Advice he would give his younger self: Always remember life is good.
- Favorite super hero: Batman.
- When did he start using fiction to start teaching psychology: In 2007 he realized he could use the filter of fiction to teach real psychology.
- The most important thing he’s learned in his life: Life is good, you get one life, live it well, have a job that is intriguing, not just one that pays the bills, scare yourself as part of having a full and interesting life.
Connect with Dr. Langley!If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Share the Show!
Sponsors:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/
Real Salt - Is Your Salt Real?