What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- The four fundamentals of human emotions.
- Setting a daily intention.
- The eight pillars of joy.
- How to live a life of joy in the face of adversity.
- Simple tips for happiness.
- Insights from The Book of Joy. (try for free on audible using code "whichwayislife")
High Five Highlights:
- With all this joy, Doug, what brings you joy in everyday life? Doing cool stuff with the people I love.
- If we learn one lesson from this book, what would it be? Look beyond yourself and don’t turn away from the sorrow; embrace it and learn from it.
- Of the techniques and traditions that these men use what is your favorite? Meditation and self-reflection. Taking the time to go inward, know your own mind and heart.
- So many shootings, road rage incidents and fights broadcast on Facebook, how can we show more understanding and compassion towards one another? So much of the negative news we see is an aberration; understand that it is the exception. For most people on earth, there is a lot of love and compassion and caring. When we shift that recognition, we can be a part of that tidal wave of compassion and kindness and connect with others and go beyond ourselves.
- This recent election has made many uneasy. How do we find joy in a time of such uncertainty in America? Have that wider perspective. This is not the be-all and end-all. Get engaged and be purposeful; let’s use this time in our country’s history to make our republic better, to make our society better in a way that helps everyone, and remember our humanity. We all want the same thing... we want more joy and love and happiness despite our different views.
Connect with DougIf you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Share the Show!
Sponsors:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/
Real Salt - Is Your Salt Real?