What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- The effects of social media on bullying.
- Signs that you’re an adult bully.
- What to do if you’re being bullied. The three main ingredients to adult bullying:
- intolerance of differences.
- the denigration of others to boost one’s own self-esteem.
- shutting down of our own innate empathy to do so.
High Five Highlights:
- How can we find greater happiness and fulfillment in our own lives? Self-awareness and intention.
- These are anxiety-provoking times, any tips or strategies to deal with these uncertain times? Checking in with yourself and figuring out if you want to turn in more or less. Regulate the amount you want to be engaged.
- As a therapist, is there one thing you see that people struggle with the most that is easily fixed? I think people should try to be more fully present in their lives and make sure to use their time in line with their values and priorities.
- Do you have a favorite quote or book you can share? Open (get on audible for free use code “whichwayislife”).
- Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life the most important thing I’ve learned is…” sitting in judgment can feel temporarily good, but in the long run is very damaging.
Connect with HollyIf you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Share the Show!
Sponsors:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/
Real Salt - Is Your Salt Real?