What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- All about the Sex Myth.
- Why societal “norms” just don’t work when it comes to sex and sexuality.
- How we value ourselves through our sexuality and how to change that thinking.
- How to start a conversation about intimacy in your relationship.
- How the Kindu app can help you explore your desires in a fun, flirty kind of way.
- More from her book, The Sex Myth: The Gap Between Our Fantasies and Reality.
High Five Highlights:
- What lit your spark and passion for feminism and the importance sexual health? My passion for feminism started with books that I read when I was younger. Later, in my early 20s, I had experiences where sex was a subject in which I felt vulnerable and alone.
- What’s your definition of a great sex life? One that makes you and your partner happy.
- When parents talk about the birds and the bees with their kids, it seems like this information should be taught as well, right? If they’re 14+, I would give them a copy of the book to read. For younger, kids just have an open, casual discussion so it’s not a scary thing to talk about.
- Do you have a favorite book you can share?The Beauty Myth, The Whole Woman, and Sex Objects.
- Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life, the most important thing I’ve learned is…” Life is something that unfolds over the long haul. Things tend to work out, and in the end, good things take a while to come to fruition.
Share the Show!If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Sponsors:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/
Real Salt - Is Your Salt Real?