What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- What replacement child syndrome is.
- What the signs and symptoms are.
- How to rebuild your self-worth.
- What to do if you feel “less than good enough.”
- The steps to achieving a full and honorable life.
- More from her book When Will I Be Good Enough?: A Replacement Child's Journey to Healing
High Five Highlights:
- If your mom was still with us today, what would she think of your transformation? I think she would be very proud of me. There would be pride. She would be proud of the woman I am.
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your younger self? Be gentle with yourself. Be as kind to yourself as you are to other people.
- Tell me about someone that inspires you today? My sister-in-law Marilyn, because she is a beautiful person and gives of herself every day without asking for anything in return.
- Do you have a favorite quote or book you can share? “It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end.”
- Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life the most important thing I’ve learned is...” To honor myself with the love and respect and care that I give other people, and as a result, then I can be the most productive wonderful person to other people.
Share the Show!If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Sponsor:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/