What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- What an angry therapist really is.
- How to live inside-out instead of outside-in.
- How to create personal growth organically.
- What comprises a therapeutic community.
- Why the birthplace of change is understanding how you feel.
- The steps to creating your solid self.
- The biggest problem we all have in our lives.
- More from his book The Angry Therapist: A No BS Guide to Finding and Living Your Own Truth.
High Five Highlights:
- Why did you want to become a therapist? I was seeing my own therapist, and I was a struggling screenwriter at the time. I wasn’t happy, and my therapist asked me what I wanted to do. I said, "What you’re doing. If I can’t move people by the masses, I want to help people one at a time."
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you have for your younger self? Stay out of your head, live in the moment and be more present.
- Tell me about someone or something that inspires you today? My clients inspire me the most. Sometimes, we, the therapists, get more out of the stories than the clients; real people with real stories.
- Do you have a favorite book you can share? The Obstacle is the Way.
- "Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life the most important thing I’ve learned is...” To resist nothing. Resistance is the richest soil we have to grow. Whenever I feel resistance to something, that’s when I explore it, because that’s where the growth happens.
Share the Show!If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Sponsor:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/