What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- What the main problem right now is with our relationship to food.
- How we develop a mindful relationship and be more present when it comes to food and mealtime.
- What it means to have a mindful relationship with food.
- Tips or strategies to help turn this lifestyle into a habit.
- Creating an individualized plan to suit someone’s unique needs.
- Other benefits to mindful eating.
- How mindful eating is an extension of mindfulness.
- More from her new book, Well Nourished.
High Five Highlights:
- What made you want to write this book? Mindfulness has been a huge part of my life for over 25 years. This approach is so powerful. I just want to share this with as many people as possible because it’s really important.
- If you could share a mindful meal with anyone in the world, living or deceased, who would it be? The Dali Lama.
- Looking back, what advice would you give your younger self? To really listen to your heart and follow your passion to whatever lights you up.
- Do you have a favorite quote or book you can share? “When our mind, body and spirit are fully nourished, we can enjoy and savor food for its own sake. We no longer need to rely on food to substitute for other sources of nourishment.”
- Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life the most important thing I’ve learned is...” Kindness and love are the most important things in life, with ourselves and others. Kindness and love can change the world.
Share the Show!If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Sponsor:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/