What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- What she’s learned about managing her anxiety.
- Why it’s important to do things “afraid.”
- Methods of managing anxiety and depression.
- How she found a “gift” in her anxiety.
- The impact anxiety/depression have on someone’s life.
- Resources for those suffering with depression/anxiety at Anxiety and Depression Association of America.
- More from her book, Journaling Fame - A Memoir of a Life Unhinged and on the Record.
High Five Highlights:
- What made you want to become a journalist? Reading biographies and memoirs as a kid was a saving grace for me and being a biography buff made me want to be a journalist and a storyteller.
- Do you have a favorite interview? Kristin Chenoweth, Deepak Chopra, 50 Cent, Nancy Sinatra and Russell Simmons.
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your younger self? Relax, trust the universe, it’s all going to work out.
- What can people expect to hear when tuning in to your podcast, “On Finding Peace”? I have guests on that they themselves have gone through pain and suffering or lots of stress and anxiety. They share with us what they’ve learned. People who want to get a message out that says we can change the way we view ourselves and find inner peace.
- Do you have a favorite quote or book you can share? “If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
- Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life the most important thing I’ve learned is...” Leave your ego at the door and to learn how to give and receive love.
Share the Show!If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Sponsor:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/