In this episode, Dr. Roizen talks about the latest health headlines that YOU need to know, including the following topics:
- Opioids account for 50,000 deaths each year in the U.S.
- Is marijuana a safe option for addressing pain?
- Many heart attack patients don't take medications as prescribed, especially statins and blood pressure medications.
- Running may be socially contagious.
- Only one in five mentally ill women is getting cervical cancer screening. Only two in five of insured women are getting screened.
- Does taking antidepressants during pregnancy cause autism? Or is it the underlying reason for taking the medication?
- America's new anxiety disorder.
- FDA approves new options for treatments for cluster headaches.
- PLUS, so much more...