In this episode, Dr. Roizen talks about the latest health headlines that YOU need to know, including the following topics:
- How weather influences women's risk for developing diabetes in pregnancy.
- Early menopause puts women at greater risk of heart failure.
- One in three women have C-sections. Hospital systems are working to reduce that number.
- Steroid shots do little for arthritic knee pain.
- Most troops booted from military service for misconduct have mental health issues.
- Chicken soup and zinc lozenges help colds go away three times faster.
- New nutritional survey shows 80 percent of individuals say it's easier to do their taxes than to figure out what to eat.
- A low-carb diet may help correct habitual eating behaviors