In this episode, Dr. Roizen talks about the latest health headlines that YOU need to know.
- Three studies in grocery stores and restaurants looked at seeing the exercise requirements to burn the calories in the food, instead of calorie counts. Did it work to curb intake? In these studies, it did.
- An epidemic of loneliness in America? Maybe not.
- More Americans are dying at home than in external facilities (hospital, retirement homes, hospice facility).
- Sleeping too long raises your stroke risk -- by about one-third.
- Nurses are sleeping too little, about 90 minutes less on the days they work compared to their off days. Might this result in errors?
- Air pollution is tied to more diseases than previously believed.
- Rural seniors are hurt by a lack of medical specialists. Tele-specialists can improve outcomes.
- African American patients may not gain the heart benefits of low-dose aspirin.
- PLUS so much more...