People who are empaths are emotional sponges, taking on other people’s stresses. Watching the news can really bring someone down.
The trick is to learn how to not adopt other people’s stress.
Tips for Empaths:
- “No” is a complete sentence. No need to give reasons.
- Set boundaries.
- Meditate to center and ground yourself.
- Learn self care so you can re-calibrate from the stresses you see.
- Make sure you address your anxieties so you’re not affecting your children with it.
- Stop using electronics two hours before bedtime.