Selected Podcast

Things You May Not Know about Breast Cancer

Things You May Not Know about Breast Cancer
Breast cancer can be a devastating diagnosis, even though it is highly survivable.

But did you know that there is a significant difference between curing breast cancer and healing from it?

What about other myths surrounding breast cancer? For instance, did you know that family history is not as big of a factor as you might think? Only 25 percent of cases are due solely to genetics. Alternately, lifestyle choices account for the other 75 percent.

You can help stay in control of your breast health by knowing the latest research to prevent and treat the second most common cause of death among women.

Breast surgeon, Dr. Beth DuPree, shares the facts you need to know to help protect yourself against this deadly disease.

Featured Speaker:
Beth B. DuPree, MD, FACS
Beth DuPreeBreast surgeon and author, Beth Baughman DuPree, MD, FACS, ABIHM, is Medical Director of the Breast Health Program at Holy Redeemer Health System in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania, where she created an innovative treatment setting for diagnosis, treatment, and healing for women with breast disease. With a focus on prevention and embracing complementary therapies, Holy Redeemer Women's HealthCare at Southampton is the first-of-its-kind site that embraces the whole woman.

In 2003, Dr. DuPree chose to focus on diseases of the breast and breast cancer surgery. Dr. DuPree is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, diplomat of the American Board of Surgery, diplomat of the American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine, and a member of the Association of Women Surgeons. She also serves as the Chair of the Board of Advocates for the American Society of Breast Surgeons and serves on the advisory board for and The Susan G. Komen Foundation Philadelphia. For many years she also hosted the popular Philadelphia radio program The Medical View.

Because of her strong dedication to patients with cancer, Dr. DuPree established a non-profit organization called The Healing Consciousness Foundation in 2007. The Foundation funds holistic and wellness therapies for women and men living with a breast cancer diagnosis. In partnership with Holy Redeemer Health System, those with breast cancer can access these complementary therapies at Holy Redeemer Women's HealthCare at Southampton, PA.