- 4 oz dry whole grain rotini 125 g
- 1 package (14 oz) frozen artichoke hearts 398 mL
- 2 cups baby spinach (about 1 oz/30 g total) 500 mL
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved 250 mL
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper 125 mL
- 1/2 cup diced red or yellow onion 125 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (20mL) chopped fresh oregano or 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar 30 mL
- 1 can (5 oz)) low-sodium tuna, rinsed and drained, preferably albacore 140 g
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any salt or fat.
2. Cook artichoke hearts according to package instructions. Once cool, cut each artichoke heart into quarters. In large bowl, gently stir together spinach, artichokes, grape tomatoes, green pepper, onion, oregano, garlic, sugar, canola oil and vinegar.
3. Drain pasta in colander and run under cold water to cool quickly. Shake off excess liquid. Stir into spinach mixture and sprinkle tuna evenly over all.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving Size: 1 cup (250 mL).