One day, carbs are bad for you; the next day fat is the issue, and so on.
Unfortunately, not everything you read is true.
Here are 11 lies about mainstream nutrition:
- Eggs are unhealthy
- Saturated fat is bad for you
- Everyone should be eating grains
- Eating lots of protein is bad for you
- Low-fat foods are good for you
- You should eat many small meals throughout the day
- Carbs should be your biggest source of calories
- High omega-6 seed and vegetable oils are good for you
- Low-carb diets are dangerous
- Sugar is unhealthy because it contains empty calories
- High fat foods will make you fat