Unfortunately, the love affair with food is all too often accompanied by an unwelcome outcome at the end of the meal: a troubled tummy and grumbling gut.
Three of our most common digestive complaints are upset stomach, loose stools, or infrequent bowel movements.
If you've consulted with your general practitioner but still haven't been able to satisfactorily resolve digestive issues with prescription medicines and are concerned with the harmful side effects or overuse of over-the-counter remedies, you might want to consider these five tips for healthier, natural digestion:
- Turn off your Smartphone while you eat.
- Chew 10 times and savor each bite before swallowing.
- Avoid simple carbs, and eat complex carbs in moderation.
- Consume plenty of fiber and water.
- Establish and maintain proper quantities of probiotics.
Natasha Trenev, President and Founder of Natren Inc., shares the five tips for better, natural digestion.