In fact, a recent survey found over 41 percent of consumers have vowed to "live a healthier lifestyle," while another 40 percent are striving to lose weight in 2016.
Though there are many low-cost options for working out outside of the gym, most people find that a membership to a health club is crucial for meeting their fitness goals. While good health is worth the investment, you don't have to throw away money at the first fitness fad that promises results.
Get healthy without compromising your budget by following these gym savings tips:
- Ask about employee discounts.
- Review health insurance reimbursements.
- Max out trials.
- Negotiate membership fees.
- Opt for a punch pass.
- Barter, volunteer or teach.
- Find discounts.
- Create a gym space at home.
- Stream workout videos for free.
Listen in as money-saving expert, Andrea Woroch, shares the nine ways you can save on a gym membership.